|Todd County Past||
|The Claymour settlement is located
at the junction of the Mt. Sharon Road and the Highland Lick Road.
Both roads were once used by the pioneers to reach hunting grounds for
buffalo, one of these areas is known as "The Cliffs".
The name Claymor was was given to the settlement as a reference to the soil qualities in the area.
Claymour's first permanent building was a log tavern which is located
From The History of Todd Co., by J. H. Battle 1884
This website is generously hosted on the Safe-Site Server of USGenNet