Edited by RAYMOND E.
Nebraska Historical Library, Lincoln, Nebraska
(b) Family Record from Bible which belonged to Anna (Bell) Saxton, supplied by Mrs. Charles S. Van Vechten, Catskill, N. Y.
28. RUSSELL6 SAXTON (Henry5 James4-3-2 George1) was born August 7, 1805, at Butternuts, New York, and died June 19, 1870, at La Grange, Ohio. He married Lorinda Tappin. For a time he lived at Van Buren, Onondaga County, New York, where his children were born. Later he removed with his family to Ohio.Children of Russell and Lorinda (Tappin) Saxton: i. Ann, b. Oct. 30, 1835; m., at Grafton, O., O. P. Gott. Children (surname Gott):
29. HENRY K.6 SAXTON (Philander5 Jasper4 James3-2 George1) was born February 3, 1808, and died February 9, 1883.(c) He married Lucy Teral who was born September 6, 1814. They lived at Cambria, Niagara County, New York, where he is buried.Children of Henry K. and Lucy (Teral) Saxton: i. Emeline, b. Sept. 21, 1834.
30. CHARLES TRUMAN6 SAXTON (Philander5 Jasper4 James3-2 George1) was born at Cambria, Niagara County, New York, December 14, 1838, and was brought up on a farm.(c) He married, October 31, 1860, Alzina M. Frolich and
(c) Information regarding this family was supplied largely by Miss Edith J. Saxton, Lockport, N. Y., who loaned a oollection of family obituanes and supplied Bible records.
After the war Charles T. Saxton with his family removed to Missouri, but in a few years he returned to Niagara Falls, New York. He entered the employ of a railway company and was later transferred to Buffalo, New York, where for many years he was ticket agent for the Michigan Central, retiring in 1895. His first wife died at Buffalo, November 2, 1887, and on September 29, 1897, he married Mrs. Sarah Craine. She died at Lockport, New York, May 4, 1904, and on May 13, 1908, he married Mrs. Millie Tenbrook, who died September 27, 1911. He died at Lockport, New York, January 15, 1916.Children of Charles T.6 and Alzina M. (Frolich) Saxton: i. Frank A., b. Apr. 5, 1862.
31. EDWIN6 SAXTON (Philander5 Jasper4 James3-2 George1) was born at Cambria, Niagara County, New York, April 30, 1842, and grew up on a farm. (c) On October 21, 1861, at the age of 19, he enlisted in the Twenty-third New York Battery and served throughout the Civil War, being mustered out at Buffalo, New York, July 14, 1865. On January 1, 1864, he was made corporal and on June 7, 1865, he was promoted to sergeant. Immediately following the war he took a business course at Bryant & Stratton's Commercial College. On December 14, 1865, Edwin Saxton married Elizabeth Slocombe and settled at Lockport, New York, where he lived the rest of his life. He was a machinist by trade and was employed for many years by the Holly Manufacturing Company. Later he operated a grocery store. His first wife died April 11, 1874, and he married, secondly, September 7, 1876, Laura Marilla McKee, who died at Lockport, November 27, 1897, aged 56 years. Edwin Saxton died December 13, 1918.
32. GEORGE6 SAXTON (Horace5 Frederick4 James3-2 George1) was born March 22, 1805, at Shelburne, Vermont, where he died June 5, 1872. (d) He married, first, September 28,1828, Adelia Green [or Greer] (born August 4, 1806; died February 7, 1842). He married, secondly, November 10, 1848, Mrs. Louisa A. (Isham) Hollister (born December 10, 1809; died May 12, ----).Children of George and Adelia (Green) Saxton: i. George Donald, b. Aug. 4, 1829.
33. STEPHEN PLATT7 SAXTON (Gilbert6 Alanson5 James4-3-2 George1) was born December 13, 1796, probably in the vicinity of Albany, New York. About 1830 he married Mrs. Hannah (Norris) Nanny, a widow, daughter of Charles and Ruth (Mosher) Norris. He seems to have lived in Chemung County, New York, but in his old age he went west to live with a son, where he died about 1888.Children of Stephen Platt7 and Hannah (Norris) Saxton: i. William DeWitt; married twice; had a son William.
(d) Most of the information regarding this family supplied by Mrs. Caroline L. Hart, Grand Ledge, Mich.
34. JOHN7 SAXTON (Silas6 Alanson5 James4-3-2 George1) was born January 31, 1816, at Mendon, Monroe County, New York, and died August 4, 1902. (e) He married, September 27, 1849, Mary Hibbard, who was born February 15, 1819, and died February 11, 1885.Children of John7 and Mary (Hibbard) Saxton: i. Edward, b. July 10, 1850.
35. BELLAMY7 SAXTON (Silas6 Alanson5 James4-3-2 George1) was born at Mendon, Monroe County, New York, May 3, 1822, and died at Hartland, New York, August 24, 1859.(e) In 1841 he married at Akron, Erie County, New York, Minerva Coughran.Children of Bellamy7 and Minerva (Coughran) Saxton: i. Frank, b. 1843; d. 1900; m. Ladica Wadsworth, 1864; their only child, William,
36. JEHIEL CLINTON7 SAXTON (Jehiel6 Ebenezer5 James4-3-2 George1) was born at Bristol, Addison County, Vermont, July 14, 1812, and died at Cleveland, Ohio, January 30, 1895.(f) In the fall of 1818 he removed with his parents to Newburgh, Cuyahoga County, Ohio, where he grew to manhood. He married, June 27, 1837, at Solon, Ohio, Emeline Axtell Morse, born at Jay, Maine, March 18, 1821, died at
(e) Information regarding this family was supplied by Lisle D. Tucker, Saint Paul, Minn.
(f) Information regarding this family was supplied by Mrs. Hattie J. (Ammon) Cowing, East Cleveland, O.
John McCartar & Tamer Lucas, Dec. 16, 1808.
Thomas Hamilton & Lydia Hume, Oct. 27, 1808.
Thomas Stephens & Polly Welbourn, Jan. 30, 1809, by John Clark.
James Hiete & Elizabeth Gellum, Sept. 5, 1809, by Jesse Thomas.
Wm Landum & Polly Powell, Dec. 20, 1810, by J. Pace.
Jacob Branaman & Nancy Forbush [Dec.?] 30, 1810, by J. Pace.
Peter Adams & Oney Orchard, Jan. 20, 1811, by J. Pace.
Howel Searcy & Rachel Christopher, Feb. 5, 1811, by Robt Frier.
Morgan Curle & Polly James, Feb. 10, 1811, by J. Pace.
Jabus Crook & Anny Proctor, Feb. 14, 1811, by J. Pace.
John Stagner & Polly Pinkston, Feb. 17, 1811, by J. Pace.
Samuel Alverson & Seeny Curle, Feb. 26, 1811, by J. Pace.
Joshua Mc Queen & Jamima Corneteson, Mar. 5, 1811, by J. Pace.
Reuben Price & Sarah Parke, Mar. 31, 1811.
Thomas Huff & Senderelly Townsend, May 14, 1811, by Robt Frier.
John Gulley & Peggy Ham, May 18, 1811, by Joseph R. Pond.
Ambrose Goff & Lucy McClain, May 20, 1811, by Wm Douglas.
John Reffet & Ruth Horn, May 23, 1811.
Patrick McVey & Malinda Austin, June 30, 1811.
Wm Huronermus & Alvira Damold, Aug. 14, 1811.
Richard Wells & Mary Sappington, Sept. 11, 1811.
A. W. Robbins & Sally Rodes, Sept. 18, 1811, by J. Pace.
Wm McClanahan & Amelia Irvine, Sept. 19, 1811, by J. Pace.
Christopher Talbott & Susanah Parrish, Oct. 7, 1811, by J. Pace.
Alexander McWilliams & Fanny Kilpatrick, Oct. 10, [1811?].
James Barrows & Polly Portwood, Nov. 6, 1811, by J. Pace.
Hartley Sapp & Polly Wilson, Nov. 21, 1811, by Robt Frier.
Thomas Turner & Peggy Dunham, Nov. 24, 1811, by James Prather.
John Moore & Betsy Hill, Dec. 5, 1811, by J. Pace.
Littleton Lancaster & Fanny Horn, Dec. 8, 1811.
Enoch Turner & Susan Tolston, Dec. 20, 1811, by James Prather.
John Farding & Eda Weathers, Dec. 29, 1811, by James Prather.
The 5 following marriages seem to have been performed by Wm Marsh and are given in the order in which they occur in the marriage book.John Rayburn & Nancy Bennett, Jan. 7, 1812
John Reed & Betsy Lancaster, --- 7th, 1812.
Shipton Parks & Peggy Brown, --- 16, 1812.
Daniel Johns & Eliza Colley, --- 23rd, 1812.
Samuel Taylor & Eliza Marshall, --- 23rd, 1812 "Wm Marsh."
Wm Anderson & Eliza Cartlen, Jan. 19, 1812, by J. Pace
Thomas Miller & Patience West, Feb. 20, 1812, by Robt Frier.
Christopher C. Porter & Polly M James, Feb. 23, 1812, by J. Pace.
George Gess & Charity Day, Feb. 27, 1812, by James Prather.
Joseph Straughn & Rachel Jeffers, Mar. 1, 1812, by Robt Frier.
Philip Carlew & Anna Kincaid, Mar. 2, 1812, by Wm Thompson.
Levi Kidwell & Patsy Berry Oph, 1812, by Jesse Thomas.
Wm. Smith & Polly Burrus, Apr. 2, 1812, by J. Pace.
John Jennings & Rachel Bradly, Apr. 5, 1812.
Timothy Elison & Eliza Cooper, Apr. 9, 1812, by J. Pace.
James Thomas & Hannah Gilbert, Apr. 26, 1812, by J. Pace
Jad Baker & Polly Morton, Apr. 29, 1812.
Elisha Barnes & Polly Turner, May 13, 1812, by J. Pace.
Isaac Runyon & Sarah Winn, June 2, 1812, by Robt Frier.
Joshua Jennings & Delpha Sanders, June 18, 1812.
Jacob Straugham & Eliza Austin, June [?] 18, 1812, by J. Pace.
Wm Oldham & Annah Wilkerson, June 29, 1812, by Robt Frier.
James Seel & Elizabuth White, July 15, 1812.
James B Proctor & Eliza Tudder, Aug. 4, 1812, by Joseph Proctor.
Hugh Caperton & Polly Kannon, Aug. 27, 1812, by J. Pace.
Johnson Whitaker & Audey Taylor, Sept. 3, 1812, by James Prather.
Elijah Prewitt & Thamer Hill, Oct. 12, 1812 by Joseph R. Pond.
Joseph Hopper & Polly Tincher
Wm Howard & Peggy Lackey
Oct. 12, 1812
by David Chenault.
Wm Watts & Fanny Miller, Dec. 22, 1812, by J. Pace.
Richard G. Williams & Catherine Holder, [Dec.?] 23rd, 1812, by John Pace.