Charles Todenhoft, born June 23, 1866, was the son of Frederick and Augusta Todenhoft who settled in Dodge County. Charles received his early education in the Wisner schools.
A hotel owner and operator, he came to Columbus in 1905 to manage the historic Meridian Hotel which he had acquired through purchase. He has lived in Columbus continuously since that time.
On October 1, 1930, he was married to Mrs. Sophia Lubker, the widow of Henry Lubker and the daughter of John and Frederica Schultz who lived in Platte County.
Mr. Todenhoft is a member of the Lutheran Church, and is affiliated with the Republican Party.
Frank J. Tooley, son of Frank and Mary O'Melia Tooley, was born at Oconee, Nebraska, November 5, 1892, and died August 1, 1948. His maternal grandparents were Mr. and Mrs. John O'Melia, early Platte County settlers who lived northwest of Columbus. Frank had three brothers: John of Central City; Lee of Fremont; and Alfred C. of Columbus.
When a small boy, Frank Tooley moved to Central City, Nebraska, from Platte County with his parents. He attended the Central City schools, and later was enrolled in a school of pharmacy at Des Moines, Iowa. After completing his studies there, he was employed in drug stores in Central City and in Norfolk, Nebraska. In 1926 he came to Columbus where he joined his brother, John, in the management of the Meridian Cafe. In 1929 he and his brother, A. C., founded the Tooley Drug Company.
He was twice married. In September, 1917, he was married to Miss Fern McLarnan at Central City. They had one daughter, Peggy, who married Fred Hoppe, Jr. of Richland, Nebraska. Fern McLarnan Tooley died at Central City, October 22, 1918.
On October 4, 1930, Frank Tooley was married to Miss Frances Bean, the daughter of Mr. and Mrs. Fred Bean of Columbus. They had two daughters and three sons. James, Patricia, John, Joe and Jane.
During World War I, Mr. Tooley enlisted in the Signal Corps in June of 1918, and received his discharge in March of 1919.
He became a charter member of the American Legion in October, 1919, at Central City where he helped to organize the "Lone Tree Post Number 6." In 1926 he transferred his membership to the Hartman Post in Columbus where he served as Post Commander from 1942 to 1943, and as District Commander from 1945 to 1947. On April 22, 1947, he was presented with a life membership in o Hartman Post. Up to that time he was the only member of the Post who had received that distinction. He also held memberships in the 40 and 8 Post of Fremont, the B.P.O.E. (Elks), the F.O.E. (Eagles), the Izaak Walton League, the War Dads, the Nebraska Pharmaceutical Association, the Executive Board of the Boy Scout District Council, the Columbus City Park Board, the Knights of Columbus of which he was a Fourth Degree member, and St. Bonaventure's Catholic Church.
Mr. Tooley was a lover of sports. His hobbies were painting pictures, and collecting old guns.
Alfred C. Tooley was born at Central City, Nebraska. His parents were Frank and Mary O'Melia Tooley, both early settlers in Nebraska.
His father was of English descent. Several years ago he had an interest in a drug store at Central City with a brother. His mother was the daughter of John O'Melia, a pioneer in Platte County.
Alfred, known as "Dick," received his early formal education in the Central City schools and then attended Creighton University in Omaha where he was graduated from the School of Pharmacy.
He came to Columbus in 1927 and worked as a registered pharmacist at the Pollock Drug Store. He and his brother Frank J. Tooley formed a partnership and founded the Tooley Drug Store in Columbus in 1929.
Alfred C. Tooley was married to Katherine McGrath of Kansas, July 15, 1929. Mrs. Tooley attended the University of Kansas at Lawrence, and later did secretarial work in Omaha.
Alfred and Katherine McGrath Tooley have a family of five sons. Robert, Richard, Michael, Patrick and William. Robert was graduated from the St. Bonaventure High School in 1949, and attends the University of Nebraska where he is a member of the Delta Tau Delta Fraternity. Richard, Michael and Patrick attend the St. Bonaventure School.
A. C. Tooley has membership in the Chamber of Commerce, the Nebraska Pharmaceutical Association, and the Knights of Columbus. He is a member of St. Bonaventure's Catholic Church.
Lawrence John Torczon was born June 9, 1919, at Silver Creek, Nebraska. His parents were John A. and Clara Zipper Torczon. John Torczon was born in Platte County February 8, 1897. Clara Torczon was born at Silver Creek, Nebraska, in 1898, and died January 7, 1941, in Columbus.
In 1942 John A. Torczon was married to Helen Gerharz. Lawrence has a half-brother, John Adam Torczon.
When a small boy, Lawrence moved with his parents to Tarnov, Nebraska. He attended St. Michael's Grade school at Tarnov, the Preparatory School of Con-
The History of Platte County Nebraska
ception junior College at Conception, Missouri, St. Francis High School at Humphrey, and was graduated from Kramer High School in Columbus.
While attending school, Mr. Torczon clerked in clothing and grocery stores. In 1936 he was employed by Peter Kiewit & Sons as a stenographer during the construction of the Loup River District Power House. That same year, he became associated with the Central National Bank, and except for four years spent in Military Service has served there continuously as bookkeeper and teller.
In World War II, he served with the United States Armed Forces from March, 1942, to May, 1946. During this time, he was stationed in Italy, France, Germany and Austria. He was a Chief Warrant Officer with the 70th and 3rd Infantry Divisions and Bomb Disposal Groups. He received his discharge in May, 1946.
On November 3, 1941, Lawrence J. Torczon was married at St. Bonaventure's Church in Columbus to Miss Berniece H. Maier, daughter of Louis, Jr. and Marguerite Hegeman Maier of Columbus. Mrs. Torczon attended the Columbus grade schools and was graduated from Kramer High School.
Lawrence J. and Berniece Maier Torczon have one daughter, Kathleen Ann, born January 13, 1948.
Lawrence Torczon's hobbies are music, baseball and reading. He is a member of St. Bonaventure's Church, the Holy, Name Society, and St. Bonaventure's choir. He also holds memberships in the Veterans of Foreign Wars, the American Legion, the Apollo Club and the Agricultural Club.
Edward Arthur "Eddie" Trofholz, Columbus Township farmer, was born November 30, 1895, in Colfax County, Nebraska. He is the son of Gustav and Bertha Prieb Trofholz. Gustav Trofholz was born March i11, 1859, at Mealtz, Germany, and died November 13, 1935. He was two years old when his parents immigrated to America. From New York they came by wagon train to Nebraska, settling north of Richland. Bertha Prieb Trofholz, whom Gustav married in 1885, was born in Indiana.
Edward Trofholz had three brothers and two sisters. Ida is married to Albert Zimmer. Will, married to Mabel Howard, works for the City of Columbus. Julius, married to Ethel Sparte, died in France during World War I. Gus, married to Emily Kreuger, works at the Swift & Company plant in Columbus. Martha is the wife of Fred Speck.
On June 5, 1919, Edward Trofholz was married to Bertha Ingold, whose parents, the Gottfried Ingolds, were natives of Switzerland. Her father died in 1911.
Edward and Bertha Ingold Trofholz had seven children. Robert, born June 10, 1921, is married to Ruth Ewert and farms near Columbus. Lawrence, born January 25, 1923, served three years in the United States Army; he is married to Geraldine Welch and is employed at the Gas Company in Columbus. Vernon, born March 29, 1924, served three years in the United States Navy, and attended Doane College at Crete, and is married to Marlyn Jourdan; he is employed at Jourdan's Bakery. Elinore is married to Wesley Kruse, who owns a service station in Columbus. Richard, born July 3, 1929, served in the United States Marines. Edward, Jr. was born October 26, 1932. Lorraine, deceased, was born August 24, 1927. All attended the Columbus public schools, the Lutheran Parochial School, and Kramer High School.
In World War I, Mr. Trofholz served with the United States Army for six months at Camp Dodge, Iowa.
The Edward Trofholz family are members of the United Lutheran Church in Columbus, and Mr. Trofholz is a member of that church council. He is also a member of the American Legion.
Albert Edward Trowbridge was born August 24, 1893, at Neligh, Nebraska. His parents were Edward Henry and Nancy Atkins Trowbridge. Edward Trowbridge, of Burlington, Wisconsin, was born May 30, 1864. He is engaged in the lumber business. Nancy Trowbridge was born May 1, 1859, at Galesburg, Illinois. Albert had one sister and one brother: Flossie, Mrs. Guy Johnson; and Forrest H., formerly associated with the A. E. Trowbridge Company in Columbus, now operates an automobile business in David City, Nebraska.
Albert Trowbridge attended the Elgin grade school and was graduated from the Elgin High School and the University of Nebraska.
On December 22, 1916, he was married at Elgin to Miss Ernestine E. Lindberg, the daughter of George P. and Maria Lindberg. Mr. and Mrs. Trowbridge had two daughters, Mary Jean and Virginia. Both attended Columbus schools and were graduated from Kramer High. Mary Jean attended Stephens College, the University of Nebraska, and Washington University at St. Louis where she studied Social Service. She is the wife of Arlin Mathis. They have one son, Stephen, and live at Des Moines, Iowa. Virginia attended Stephens College, the University of Nebraska, and Washington University, where she also studied Social Service. She is the wife of William A. Curry, Jr. of Columbus. They have one son, William Anthony Curry III, and live at Scottsbluff, Nebraska.
From 1913 to 1919, Mr. Trowbridge was associated with the A. E. Trowbridge Produce Company in Elgin and in 1919 he started the A. E. Trowbridge Motor Company there. In 1924 he came to Columbus where he established the A. E. Trowbridge Motor Company. The name of his company has since been changed to the A. E. Trowbridge Pontiac Company. Mrs. Trowbridge is a member of the P.E.O., the Columbus Woman's Club, and served for several years on the Girl Scout Council.
Mr. and Mrs. Trowbridge are members of the Federated Church. Politically, A. E. Trowbridge s a Republican.
Moses K. Turner was born June 23, 1838, at Cadiz, Ohio, and died in Columbus, Nebraska, May 22, 1902.
He was the son of Judge Allen C. Turner of Cadiz.
He was educated in the common schools, and at the age of sixteen, in 1854, commenced school teaching. During his vacations, he attended the colleges of Antioch and New Athens, Ohio, both of which were under the supervision of Horace Mann, a famous teacher.
After finishing his normal course, M. K. Turner became superintendent of schools at Cadiz, and later at West Liberty, Ohio. He resigned in 1864 to enlist in the United States Army, and saw active duty in the Shenandoah Valley. After his discharge, he was married to Eliza Johnson Craig, a native of Harrison County, Ohio. Eliza J. Craig Turner was born September 28, 1843, and died February 22, 1923, in Columbus, Nebraska.
In 1869, M. K. Turner studied law in the office of his father, Judge Allen C. Turner, at Cadiz. He passed the state bar examination, and was admitted to practice in Ohio.
After the Civil War, many people who were in the service acquired land in Nebraska with government script. Eliza J. Craig Turner's father had a section in Platte County northeast of Columbus, and a section north of Omaha, Nebraska. Mr. Craig remained in Ohio, but gave to each of his two daughters, Mrs. M. K. Turner and Mrs. George W. Brown, one-half section of the land near Columbus, and to each of his two sons one-half section of the land north of Omaha, where the town of Craig was later established.
In 1870, Mr. and Mrs. Turner and Mr. and Mrs. Brown came to Columbus from Ohio to look over their land holdings. They liked Columbus and decided to locate there. M. K. Turner wrote his father suggesting the establishment of a newspaper in Columbus. In May, 1870, a co-partnership with his father for the publication of the Platte Journal was formed. The first issue of this paper appeared May 11, 1870.
M. K. Turner became the editor of the Platte Journal, later the Columbus Journal. His three brothers, J. A., known as "Bun," George and Frank, were associated with him in its publication.
In 1883, Colonel William F. Cody came to Columbus to interest his old associate, Major Frank North, and his Pawnee Scouts in his new venture of establishing a "Buffalo Bill" Wild West Show. The show was organized that year with Fred Matthews, George Clother and George Turner as members of its troupe. "Bun" Turner later traveled with the show. Frank Turner, a printer in Ohio, came to Columbus in 1870 to work on the Platte Journal. He enlisted in the United States Army during the Spanish-American War, and served overseas, where he contracted malaria. He died soon after his return home. The last of the Turner brothers, George Turner, died in Platte County around the first of January, 1946.
Martha Turner was born September 6, 1868, at West Liberty, Ohio, and died in June, 1946. Her parents were Moses K. and Eliza Jane Craig Turner. Martha Turner had seven sisters and two brothers: Anna, Mrs. H. A. Rowe, of Omaha; Frances; Johnson Craig, who died in 1945; Ralph, of Chicago; Lida Turner Johnson, who died in 1945; Irene, Mrs. Alfred Anderson, of Omaha; Gladys, Mrs. George Walker, of Lincoln; Alice, who died in 1898; and Catherine, who died in infancy.
Martha Turner came to Nebraska with her parents in April, 1870, settling in Columbus. She was graduated there from high school, then attended the Chicago Art Institute and the University of Nebraska. She made her home in Lincoln from 1906 to 1946, at one time working for the State Journal. For twenty-five years, she was in charge of the newspaper and photograph department of the Nebraska State Historical Society. She was the author of a history of Columbus, published in 1940, and also assisted in the writing and editing of Nebraska Art and Artists, which the University of Nebraska School of Fine Arts published in 1932.
Talented in art, she did considerable sketching of historical sites, and was responsible for the illustrative material and art work on Historical Society Publications in past years. She was recognized for her knowledge of Nebraska newspapers. She was a charter member and past president of the Lincoln Artists Guild, a member of the Methodist Church of Columbus, where for many years she was organist and choir leader, an honorary member of a teachers' sorority in Lincoln, and a former member of Deborah Avery Chapter D.A.R. In the early 1900's she was prominent in woman's club work in Columbus.
Johnson Craig Turner was born in the early 1870's, and died March 20, 1945. His parents were Moses K. and Eliza Jane Craig Turner. Moses K. Turner was born in Cadiz, Ohio, June 23, 1838, and died May 22, 1902, in Columbus. Eliza Jane Craig Turner was born September 28, 1843, in Harrison County, Ohio, and died February 22, 1923, in Columbus. Johnson Turner had eight sisters and one brother:
Johnson Craig Turner, a farmer in Columbus Township, moved to Lincoln in 1937. He remained there about five years and then returned to his farm in Platte County.
On January 27, 1910, at Columbus, Nebraska, he was married to Harriet Louise Kauffman. Harriet, born February 7, 1882, at Aurora, Nebraska, was the daughter of Henry Kauffman, who was born December 20, 1840, in Pennsylvania, and died September 24, 1887, at Aurora, Nebraska, and Elizabeth Kauffman, who was born December 27, 1849, at Cork, Ireland, and died February 13, 1918, at Columbus. Mrs. Turner had three brothers and one sister: Harry, married to Gertrude Wilson; Bert, married to Etta Wilmat; Frank, married to Ada Foote; and Madge, married to Ray Starks. Harry died December 3, 1934.
Johnson Craig and Harriet Louise Kauffman Turner
The History of Platte County Nebraska
had two daughters, Frances, born February 19, 1914, and Louise, born March 4, 1919. Both girls attended Kramer High School, the University of Nebraska, and the Iowa State College, and each holds a Bachelor of Arts degree. Both are married.
Ralph Emerson Turner, editor of Power Plant Engineering, was born March 9, 1879, in Columbus, Nebraska. He is a son of Moses K. Turner, first Platte County editor, and Eliza Jane Craig Turner.
Ralph Emerson Turner
Ralph, who lived on the Turner farm north of Columbus during his early years, was educated in the Columbus grade and high schools and the University of Nebraska. He received his degree of Bachelor of Science in electrical engineering in 1906.
After his graduation, he spent two years with Westinghouse in Chicago. In 1908, he joined the staff of Technical Publishing Company of Chicago, where he has worked for over forty years.
A mechanical engineer of note, he has written numerous magazine articles on power plant topics, and is the author of three books: Pumps in the Power Plant, Refrigeration Plant Equipment, and Boilers, Furnaces and Boiler Accessories.
Power Plant Engineering is a technical publication written for superintendents, owners and chief engineers of power plants, and designers and consulting engineers."
Chicago's Who's Who in Engineering lists the following offices for Ralph Emerson Turner: Member, Board for Western Society Engineers, 1945-1948; secretary-treasurer of the Illinois Engineering Council, 1943, Western vice-president of national conference of Business Paper Editors, June 1944-June 1946; member of Washington Award Commission, June 1946-June 1948, representing American Society Mechanical Engineers and chairman ASME Region VI Program Committee, 1947. Ralph Emerson Turner received a scroll for distinguished service to the ASME in 1947 from Alex D. Bailey, vice-president of the Commonwealth Edison Company.
On June 21, 1911, in Columbus, Ralph Turner was married to Miss Hulda Malm, the daughter of John and Johanna Swenson Maim, natives of Sweden who settled in Saunders County, Nebraska. Hulda Turner was a graduate from the Peru Normal and prior to her marriage taught kindergarten at the Williams School in Columbus.
Ralph E. and Hulda Malm Turner had four sons: Ralph, Jr., Allan, John and Donald.
Ralph Emerson Turner, Jr., born July II, 1912, in Chicago, received his Bachelor of Science degree from the University of Illinois. His work has been in X-ray Sales. He is a musician, and is married.
Allan Craig Turner, born March 15, 1914, in Western Springs, Illinois, received his degree of Bachelor of Science from the University of Nebraska. In World War II, he served in the Navy with the rank of lieutenant. His work is with Engineering Sales. He is married.
John Malm Turner, born July 19, 1916, in Western Springs, Illinois, received his degree of Bachelor of Science from Grinnell College, Grinnell, Iowa. In World War II, he served with the United States Coast Guard. He was married June, 1947. His work is in junior Executive Merchandising.
Donald Paul Turner, born October 3, 1918, in Western Springs Illinois, received the degree of Bachelor of Science from Northwestern University at Evanston. He is married. In World War II, he served with the United States Navy as an aviation pilot with the rank of Lieutenant-Commander.
The Ralph Turner family have lived in the village of Western Springs, Illinois, a suburb of Chicago, since 1913. Mr. Turner served there as Village Clerk, a member of the Board of Education, and was active with the Boy Scouts of America for twenty-five years. Politically, he is a Republican. The Turners are members of the Congregational Church in Western Springs.
Frank A. Tworek was born October 5, 1885, in Polk County, Nebraska. His father, Barthomien "Barney" Tworek, came to Platte County in 1875, and was employed with the Union Pacific Railroad near Kearney. In 1878, "Barney" was married to Miss Veronica Jarecki and lived on the Jarecki farm west of Columbus for several years. He then moved to Polk County, where he received title to a homestead in 1889. He purchased additional lands there, until his holdings totaled two hundred eighty acres of virgin Nebraska farm land. In 1891, "Barney" moved near to Duncan, Nebraska, where he had acquired land. In 1893, he bought eighty acres two miles west of Duncan, and in 1894 he purchased two hundred acres from Henry Rudat. He next purchased two hundred sixty acres located eight miles west of Columbus from Joe Ohlbrich. Part of this purchase, one hundred sixty acres, belongs to his son, Frank. In 1915, "Barney" retired and moved into Duncan, where he died March 16, 1919.
Besides Frank, Barthomien and Veronica Tworek had nine children: John F., the eldest, married to Mary Paprocki; Mary, Mrs. Joe Paprocki; Stanley, married to Catherine Molczyk; Alex, married to Victoria Swantek: Monica, Mrs. Stanley Vol.; Felix, married to Victoria Rosno; Leokadia, Venerable Sister M. Ambrose Anna, Mrs. William Dubas; and Veronica, Mrs. William Mroczek.
Frank A. Tworek attended school in Polk County, and
St. Stanislaus Parochial School in Duncan. On February 11, 1909, he was married to Miss Barbara Terasinski, daughter of Victor and Anna Liss Terasinski of Columbus. They had eleven children:
Edmond, born September 8, 1910, deceased; Francis and Stanley, born May 6, 1912; Florence, born April 13, 1913; Bernadette, born August 31, 1915; Thaddeus, born January 24, 1918; Anne, born February 23, 1920; Ben and Gertrude, born January 10, 1922; and Leonard and Therese, born January 20, 1926.
Mr. and Mrs. Tworek attend St. Stanislaus Catholic Church of Duncan. Frank Tworek is a member of the Knights of Columbus, and a Democrat.
William Nicholas Van Ackeren, well-known Humphrey Township farmer, was born December 6, 1880, in Germany. He is the son of Joseph and Magadalena Oenting Van Ackeren. Joseph Van Ackeren was born in Germany May 21, 1843, and died at Humphrey September 9, 1938. Magadalena O. Van Ackeren was born February 7, 1850, at Sunderwick, Westphalia, Germany, and died April 6, 1935, at Humphrey. William, who came to Humphrey Township in August, 1881, from Germany with his parents, had three brothers and two sisters. John, of Humphrey, married to Louise Keller, is retired. Edward, of Omaha, married to Frances Leary, is in the livestock commission business. Ben, married to Katherine McDonald, manages a shoe store at Kent, Washington. Louise, Mrs. James Gordon, resides at Cedar Rapids, Nebraska. Cecelia, Mrs. Ben Schrant, lives at Humphrey.
William N. Van Ackeren attended the Humphrey schools and the Agricultural School at Lincoln. He has lived at West Point, Nebraska, Haven, South Dakota, and Cedar Rapids, Nebraska.
On June 6, 1916, he was married to Miss Sophia Lubischer, the daughter of Peter and Katherine Nick Lubischer, in St. Francis Church at Humphrey. Mr. and Mrs. Ackeren had three children:
Elizabeth was born April 13, 1917. She is a registered nurse and is married to Doctor Eugene Maire. They have three children: Peggy, Judy, and Janet. Katherine, widow of Gerald Gehr, was born February 24, 1920. Gerald Gehr was killed in action June 10, 1945, in the battle of Okinawa. David, a farmer, born February 20, 1923, is married to Rita Schrage. The three Van Ackeren children attended St. Francis school. Mrs. Maire also attended the Wayne State Teachers' College and took nurse's training at St. Joseph's Hospital in Omaha. Mrs. Gehr attended the Van Sant's Business College.
Mr. and Mrs. Van Ackeren are members of St. Francis Catholic Church at Humphrey. Mr. Van Ackeren is a member of the Knights of Columbus.
Marion H. Van Berg, the son of E. H. and Emma Titman Van Berg, was born at Aurora, Nebraska, on January 15, 1896.
He received his early education in Aurora, and was graduated from the Aurora High School. Following that, he was associated with his father in the business of farming.
On February 10, 1917, at Aurora, Marion H. Van Berg was married to Viola Swartz. They had two sons and six* daughters: Elwin, John, Eleanor, Helen, Jean, Betty, Alyce, Wilma, and Virginia. The Van Berg children all attended the Columbus schools, and were graduated from Kramer High School.
* Overwritten: "seven"
From 1917-1933, Marion H. Van Berg farmed at Aurora. In 1933, he came to Columbus, where he established the Van Berg Sales Pavillion, southwest of Columbus, which he has operated for several years. It is now one of the largest stock sales centers in the middle-west.
Mr. Van Berg is also interested in horse-racing and has large racing stables. His horses race at the large race centers, among which are Detroit and St. Louis.
Mr. Van Berg is a member of the Interior Live Stock Association. He was one of the first group of men interested in the organization of the Platte County Agricultural Association, and was a member and a director of the Agricultural Park Board and also one of the Platte County Racing Committee.
Eleanor Van Berg was married to Robert Loshbaugh December 31, 1942. They have a daughter, Cheryl Christine, born December 23, 1946.
Helen Van Berg was married to William Karlin May 21, 1939. They have two sons, William Charles born November 23, 1944, and Richard Elwin born September 28, 1947. They live in Omaha.
Jean Van Berg attended the University of New Mexico at Albuquerque, New Mexico. She was married to Frank Chase in September, 1946. They own and operate the By-Kracky Company in Los Angeles, California.
Betty Van Berg attended the University of Southern California and Antioch College at Willow Springs, Ohio. She worked at the Trans-Marine Company in Los Angeles, and at the Columbus Sales Pavillion.
Alyce Van Berg attended Doane College at Crete, Nebraska. She was married to James Cumming April 17, 1949.
Wilma Van Berg attended the University of Iowa, at Iowa City.
Elwin S. Van Berg was born July 15, 1931. He attended the Southern Methodist University at Dallas, Texas.
Virginia Van Berg attends Kramer High School and is in the class of 1952.
John Charles Van Berg who was born January 17, 1936, attends Kramer High School.
Thomas Van Dyke, the son of Nickolas P. and Marian Klassen Van Dyke, was born near Humphrey, Nebraska, September 8, 1885.
His father was born at Uithuizen, Holland, in 1854, and died near Humphrey, July 7, 1922. His mother was born at McHenry, Illinois, September 1, 1859, and died March 2, 1938.
Thomas Van Dyke's paternal grandparents were Paul and Dedje Luurtsema Van Dyke. His grandfather was
© 2005 for the NEGenWeb Project by Ted & Carole Miller