Here you will find basic information to help you in your Nebraska research as well as research in other locations.
- Nebraska Records Link to state vitals office, NE census info and more!
- NEGenWeb On-Line Library Here you will find entire books relating to Nebraska
- Genealogical and Historical Societies in Nebraska Listing of Nebraska societies and their addresses.
- Nebraska Features List County Unknown's list of NE features, includes cemeteries
- Nebraska Cemetery Indexes Cemetery indexes available through the NEGenWeb Project county sites.
- Historic Sites in Nebraska Taken from the National Register of Historic Sites
- Nebraska Surnames A list of the 100 most common names in Nebraska and their frequency
- Professional Researchers in Nebraska People who will research for a fee
- The 1895 Atlas, by Pam Rietsch An excellent way to locate towns that no longer exist
- Nebraska Judical Branch Part of The National Center for State Courts (NCSC)
Check the listing for Nebraska courts for addresses and District maps.
- Nebraska Blue Book Online Current Edition - State Unicameral site.
- Cyndi Howells Nebraska Resources
- Library Helps & Hints Glossaries, library links, books and suggestions
- Understanding Land Descriptions A York County NEGenWeb Project site
- Land Survey on the Great Plains Dick Taylor's site. (not a NEGenWeb Project site, but done by one of our Coordinators)
- The System of Government Surveys From the Saunders County 1907 Platbook. This is found in several of the Anderson Publishing Company platbooks from that time period.
- Naming Traditions A common method used by our ancestors to name their children
- Social Security Prefix Codes Matches the prefix with the state that issued it
- Genealogy Resources & Help Lots of interesting genealogical links to information and forms on Gary Marten's Polk County NEGenWeb Project site.
BASICS FOR BEGINNERS
BIG SITES FOR BIG HELP
Most of these sites are very large and contain many links to other sites.
Some offer additional tips and information.
BACK to the Resource Center