The Christian Church of Canaan
By Capt. Franklin Ellis358
The legal organization of this body was effected May 11, 1829, with the following trustees: John Wilcox, Reuben Jenkins, and Warren Ford. A very neat house of worship was erected the following year in the eastern part of the Red Rock settlement. Subsequent improvements have been made on the building, and it is now an attractive and comfortable church. The society numbers eighty-four members, who are under the spiritual care of Rev. C. W. Havens. A Sunday-school, having twenty-five members, is maintained by the church.
At Red Rock is a Baptist meeting-house, which was used by the society that disbanded many years ago. Lately the house has not been used for religious purposes.
These Beautiful Graphics Designed by: