STUYVESANT, COLUMBIA COUNTY, NEW YORK
By Capt. Franklin Ellis80
Coxsackie Station on the Hudson River railroad, near the southwestern corner of the town, is a mere hamlet, and is important chiefly on account of being the eastern terminus of a ferry line to Coxsackie, in Greene County, on the opposite side of the river. A post-office was established at the depot in 1872, and has been held since by the several agents of the company. This place was formerly known as Nutten Hook, or Nauten Hook, from a family which settled here two hundred years ago.