STUYVESANT, COLUMBIA COUNTY, NEW YORK
The services of the Roman Catholic church are held in St. Mary's chapel, at Stuyvesant Falls, and the church of the Nativity, at the landing. Both were opened for worship in 1873, and have an aggregate value of $3500. They belong to the parish of Valatie, and are served as missions in that connection. When the churches were established the priestly office was held by Rev. John J. Brennan. The present priest is Rev. Father M. J. Griffith, who holds services in these churches every three weeks.